simple sandwich

So you know that I have no money, but yesterday I got $40.  This means that I can buy food and gas for the week and not have to choose between the two (I would've chosen gas, gotta get to work).  Praise God!  Well today, after church, I went straight to the gas station put $20 dollars in my tank and then went straight to Food Lion to get some food.  I was 1)so excited that I could even get food 2)so hungry that I would take a few steps and forget where I was going and what I was trying to get so I would stop and think and then keep going.  My blood sugar was super low, which is why my memory and ability to make and follow a procedure (hence forgetting and having a hard time figuring out how to get to each item in the store), as well as feeling really dizzy and disoriented.  But I got my groceries and went home.

I just made and ate (devoured is a better word) a grilled cheese sandwich while chilling on Facebook and listening to Mumford & Sons Radio on Pandora and felt a sense of contentment and elation.  Not just because I was frickin hungry and was eating my first legitimate meal since Friday afternoon, but because I realized that I have everything I need.  I have food, a great place to live, church community, and a job.  I have other stuff too, but you get the idea.  As I ate this sandwich, I felt still, content, blessed, and loved.

It was a great moment and now I have stopped shaking and know where I am and what I need to do.  This butter, bread, Colby cheese (2 slices) was a beautiful reminder of the beauty in simplicity of life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Was a Rich Girl

Good Hair

MM