the boldness of a man

I took a walk today and while walking between neighborhoods, this man pulled up on the road next to me.  He startled me because he had come from behind me.  I figured he was gonna ask me for directions, but instead he said that: he was driving, saw me, and had to turn around and say how pretty he thought I was.  I said thank you and figured it would stop at that.  It didn't.  He asked my name, I told him (and instantly regretted it), he told me his, but I missed it because another car passed.  He proceeded to ask me if I was from here, no (truth), what I like to do in my spare time, I don't really have spare time (lie).  He then said he'd really like to see me again and asked if I'd be interested in going out with him, I said I wasn't interested (truth) and started walking away.  He said something around the lines of nice meeting you, hope to see you around.

Now, while I commend him on his boldness and honesty, he loses major points for pulling up behind me (making me jump) and for having an unrestrained child in his back seat (the child had no seatbelt, and looked young enough to need a car seat).  Any men that may be reading this, take a small lesson from him: just ask a girl out, the worse that could happen is that she would say 'no'.  It may seem like a rejection when/if she says 'no', but don't take it so personally.  I didn't say no to him because I knew him and didn't like him, I said no because I wasn't interested and knew nothing about him.

Some of my friends and I are often frustrated with the lack of boldness and clarity men have when in any type/stage of relationship they have with us.  Does he like me?  What did it mean when he did/said this?  Will he ever clarify his feelings for me?  Should I say something?  Should I not have said something?  Etcetera.  This guy quickly made his case and just went for it, I commend him for that.

Essentially, women want men to be honest about their feelings and intentions in regards to them specifically.  This doesn't mean, every woman you meet or know you have to define the relationship, it means don't be sneaky and drop hints if you're digging her.  Or at least not with me, I don't catch hints.  Also, don't lead her on, it's tears us up inside.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Was a Rich Girl

Good Hair

MM