Dog love

So I went on a great walk in the neighborhoods around where I live today.  As I was walking and took in the beauty around me I thought "the only thing that would make this better is a dog accompanying me"; I, then, remembered someone telling me that her dog (a lab) is pregnant (due at the end of the month or something) and that the father of the puppies is likely a boxer.  She said I could have one of the puppies.  I want a dog about as much as some women want a child.  Yea, that serious.

Dogs are great!  I'm not gonna make a case for why I love dogs, just know that I really, really do.  But I was looking at info about owning a dog and it's not nearly as expensive as I had heard.  I've taken care of dogs before; heck, when I'm with my family, I'm the ONE that walks, feeds, waters, and bathes (my brother graciously helps with that) two pit bulls.  I enjoy that stuff.  I looked up what a Labrador-Boxer (boxador) mix looks like:
 I mean, come on, how cute is that puppy?!?  Okay, okay here's a picture of an adult one:
Still cute, even though the tail is cut off (I wouldn't do that to my dog).  Anyway, I did some research on characteristics of the two breeds, labs and boxers,  and they both are just awesome.  They have qualities that I like: minimal grooming, great size, active, easy to train, good indoor dogs, etc.

But here's the main thing:  I am moving into a house with four other women this summer.  All of them really like dogs, but I don't know how appropriate it would be for me to just get a dog and then move into this place, forcing them to have to deal with a dog as well.  Big risk.  I was working it out in my head during my walk and I figured that by the time I returned to Charlotte, the dog'll be about 2 months old.  I could take it home and then commence the moving process from my family's home to my new home.  Both breeds are considered easy to train and my schedule isn't and won't be so intense that I won't be able to work with the dog.  Also, with anything you love, you make time to spend with it.

I'm basically trying to sell myself on this dog.  I will consider it more seriously when the puppies are actually born.

Right now, my life feels uber uncertain, I don't what I'm gonna do past this summer.  I hope to get a job teaching middle school band in a surrounding county, but who knows?  It would be nice to have a companion through this transition in my life.  Something that feels like home.  It's not that I don't have great people in my life, but a dog is different.  It's a beautiful relationship that's between a human and their dog.  And, plus, I'd be giving a dog a home and love.

I think I'd be a great dog-mom.  My main love languages are a tie between physical touch and quality time; dogs love attention and being petted.  I'm just saying.  I like outdoor activities like walking, going to parks, being active, as do dogs.  I'm just saying.

I should stop talking about this, it's making me sad that I don't have a dog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Was a Rich Girl

Good Hair

MM