Jehovah-Jireh

Last week, on this day, I posted a status saying that I was super hungry, but broke and that it sucked that I don't get paid until the 16th of April.  I posted this status as just that, a status, I wasn't fishing for anything; but soon after a good friend (well actually her husband) asked me my address, I gave it to her.  Then, two days later a coworker, whom I really admire, gave me $20.  When she gave it to me, I was shocked and asked why, she said it was just a little donation and knows how hard it can be to live life when the paycheck doesn't come when one needs it to.  I bought $20 worth of groceries on Friday and was a happy camper.  Well the friends (husband and wife) who asked for my address sent me a check for $50, another surprise blessing so I was able to buy shampoo, face wash, and other stuff of the sorts.  Another huge blessing.  Then there's today:  I was looking over music in during my planning when the same teacher that gave me the $20 came in with her arms filled with a paper grocery bag.  She said she had something for me, in this bag was: whole wheat (my fave) noodles, peanut butter, almonds, pasta sauce, crackers, potato soup mix, and a 12 pack box of Nature Valley granola bars (with my favorite flavors).  I just sat there in amazement.  She loves so well.  She said she's been in this position before and someone did the same for her.  I was, once again, stunned.

I'm in a really needy time in my life right now.  I don't like it, it doesn't feel good.  I'm always worried about money now.  Will/do I have enough money/gas/food to make it till I'll have money again?  But you know what?  God is Provider, Jehovah-Jireh, and I am His child.  Just as a good father provides the best he can for his children, so does the Father provide the best He can, and His best is just that: The Best.  Matthew 7:11 reads : " If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!"  I've known this verse for a long time, but never before has it hit me so hard and so well.  I am His child and I'm not even asking for anything special, just food to live!  He owns everything, He says "The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, declares the LORD of hosts" Haggai 2:8, so then why would I ever think that asking of Him is too much for Him?  He owns the cattle on 1000 hills and the beasts of the forest, Psalm 50:10.

I doubt a lot when things aren't lining up the way I had calculated/hoped/anticipated, but I have no need to because my Father hears my prayers and He is the Good Father.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Was a Rich Girl

Good Hair

MM