Child of Love

There's a new girl in two of my classes, she wasn't here last semester so I really know very little of her.  She lives in a group home; when I first heard this I prejudged her.  I figured that she would be self-conscious about this and would want to keep it on the DL (Down Low) so I prepared for that.  At the end of each of her classes she has to get this sheet signed by her teachers.  The sheet asks if she: participated in class, was tardy, and something else; I have to circle yes or no and then sign.  She's really good about reminding me to sign it.

Like I said, I had prejudged that she would be secretive, or ashamed, of the fact that she lives in a group home, but she's uber chill about it.  I don't know her story, so I don't know how long she's been in this establishment, but however long she has she's very open about it.  When I'm signing the sheet, other kids usually gather round to see what's going and when they ask her she just tells them the truth!  She'll often talk about something annoying her roommate did or some other story from her home.  It's still baffles me how open she is about where she lives, when people ask questions she simply answers them, no shame.  She's someone's child, even if she doesn't live with them.

Every time I see her, I can't help but think about how scared I would be without parents, how I would be questioning my identity.  But the good news is when we place our lives in the hand of God Almighty, he don't have to worry about who we belong to.  We become His child, and He's the perfect Father who will never leave or forsake anyone, that means you!  So whether you have earthly parents or not, rest easy knowing that God is the perfect Father who wants you to be His child.  It's good knowing no matter my circumstances, my identity is wrapped up in the Father of Perfect Love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Was a Rich Girl

Good Hair

MM