Chronicles of an image changer 1

In a previous post, I talked about my plans to change my outward appearance.  I want to do this because I felt that the way I presented myself spoke little truth of my personality.  Well today is the forth day of this process and I'm pretty satisfied with my progress; On both Wednesday and Friday I wore make-up (not just mascara) and abstained from wearing a t-shirt.  On Wednesday, I didn't really do much, but I wore foundation, blush, eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara, and lip gloss.  It didn't take me that long to put it on and I was pretty satisfied with that.  On Thursday I moved from Charlotte to Greensboro, so I just threw some clothes on and pulled my hair back, nothing special.  But Friday was my first day back at the school that I'll be teaching at so I wore foundation, eyeliner, mascara, and blush (I can't wear lip gloss because I use my mouth to play instruments and that would get messy).  It took me surprisingly little time to apply all that so I was surprised when I still had time remaining before I needed to head out.  This is something I could definitely do and intend to be intentional about; I don't, however, want to be that person that will not leave my house without makeup on, I'm not ashamed of my skin/face and I don't want to act like it.  Today?  Well, it's almost 5pm and I'm still in my pajamas, so I don't think much will transpire today, but who knows?

I'm excited about the changes that are taking place and I'm proud of myself for actually making them; I'm not a go-getter like others, so sometimes it takes a lot for me to work for something that I don't have to.

I'll keep you posted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Was a Rich Girl

Good Hair

MM