Chronicles of an image changer 2

Hello!  So a week ago I updated about this whole changing my outer appearance thing was going; here's how it's going this week:  I wore at least foundation, mascara, and blush all this week.  I'm pretty surprised how little time that has taken in the mornings, which is super because I have the capacity for very little that early in the morning.  As for how I'm dressing, little has changed because I wear teacher clothes all day five days a week; the outfit I'm most proud of this week has been: a plain white crew neck shirt (with a black tank underneath so they can't see my bra), my favorite black skirt that has a cute big black belt, and my blue silk shoes with white dots, a peep toe, and really cushy sole, and I did a little twisty thing in the front of my hair.  This outfit was uber comfortable, but it was not very smart because it was super windy outside so I had to hold onto my skirt while outside for colorguard class.  I still feel pretty good about this whole thing, I haven't become a diva yet so I think I'm in the green.

Here's something that's not at all new, but probably is to anyone reading this blog.  I want a nose and lip piercing.  I started off wanting a tongue ring in high school, but with the whole playing wind instruments thing, it just wouldn't work.  Plus I'm super anal about the inside of my mouth, It needs to be in good shape so I can play instruments.  Then I saw different lip piercings and really like them (just one though, not a bunch at once, then your mouth just looks crowded).  The kind that I want is called a side labret piercing and it looks something like this:

I likely won't wear a ring for most of the time, so it'll just be a stud.  If I do ever get one, I'll have to get it on my left side because of some instruments that I play.

When I was young, two of my cousins (who are sisters) got nose rings.  Since I was young I didn't understand what they were because I had never seen that before, but now that I'm an adult, I see it all the time and think it's pretty beautiful IF IT'S TAKEN CARE OF.  I've seen some people who have little keloids(sp?) on their noses from them, I'd like to avoid that.

Now I know what you're thinking, well acutally I don't, but I'm gonna speculate:  "Will you be able to get a teaching job with face piercing jobs?"  I don't know, but I do know there are clear plugs that I can wear if it's a real problem.

Something that worries me is the fact that I am quite allergic to nickel.  If worn on my neck, it breaks out in these layers of tiny bumps, it's quite gross, but even more uncomfortable.  My ears treat it like an infection, they: swell up, turn red, puss, itch, burn, hurt.  It's pretty uncomfortable.  I looked up the material make up of the piercing jewelry and they pretty much all have nickel in them.  Super.  But I read that they can be polished so that the nickel will not bother (it was explained much better).  Also, when I got the second hole in my ears, they used regular piercing studs and my ears didn't react, perhaps because it was that polished metal.

But you know what,  maybe I'm not (as) allergic anymore?  When my neck was breaking out I was wearing at least 11 necklaces at one time everyday.  When my ears were reacting, I was wearing earing everyday and not taking proper care of them, cleaning them (the earrings) and what not.  I think I will try to practice better earring maintenance with regular earrings (ones that have trace amounts of nickel, they're called nickel free).  I'll let you know what I discover.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Was a Rich Girl

Good Hair

MM