maybe I'm the jerk

Have you ever known someone that you consider to be a friend, maybe not a close one, and just wondered why you even bother being in a relationship with them?  I don't think like that often, but a few days ago that thought came to mind and I've been entertaining it since then.

Now, I'll admit that my emotions were out of whack that day, so I took everything personally, but still, that person is a jerk.  They were having a self-inflicted crisis and I was trying to help and they said stuff like 'I'm surrounded by people I like, well except you Coléa'.  Excuse my language, but what the hell you ass?!  While people were literally trying to avoid you, I was trying to understand your dumb crisis and be a good friend, and you make a remark like that?  Unacceptable.  Maybe, that was them taking a stab at humor, but I don't appreciate it.

I think I have mentioned before that I hate passive aggressiveness, but I think I'm gonna go for it in this situation.  It's irrational to act in that manner after one offence, but this isn't the first offence, this person is pretty much like this all the time.  I'm just not going to try to be friends with them any longer.  I'm not going to stop talking to them, that's nearly impossible, I'm just not going to share my life with them and if (more like when) they start sharing their life with me, I just won't have anything to say.

Perhaps the person is going through a rough patch in their life, yea well I am too, yet I'm trying hard to not be the natural jerk that I am towards others.  Perhaps I'm being the jerk for acting this way, but honestly, I'm not the kind of person that enjoys putting up with jerk people, there are jerks in my life that I will never get rid of, so if I have the option of avoiding one more, I think I shall.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Was a Rich Girl

Good Hair

MM