places that make me wanna cry: airports

For some odd reason, on my way to work this morning, I was thinking about how airports make me feel.  They make me wanna cry and panic.  I think it's a sensory overload, so many: signs, people, smells, sounds, lines, entrances/exits, escalators, those moving sidewalk things, you name it.  And I don't like going through security, because I'm always nervous that: a bottle will be too big, or my bra underwire will set off an alarm, or they'll just randomly decide to physically search my person (which feels like a complete violation), or they'll open up a bag and all my underwear will fall out, or they'll make me unpack everything in front of everyone.  Since every airport is different, I'm always scared that I'm at the wrong gate, or that I miss my flight because of some amend to flight plans that I didn't know about (that's happened).  Since the terrorist attacks, they've upped the anty for security which makes everyone feel like there's a terrorist in every corner waiting to steal or frame their luggage if they just look the other way, so that makes me nervous (not the terrorist part, just the luggage part).  Then I'm always nervous that I'll loose something necessary to board the plane like my boarding pass or id (that's happened).  The whole experience is unnerving.  If ever you're in an airport with me, please hold my hand and forgive any upsetting word or deed from me.

Comments

  1. I know you hated it, but all that chaos provided some fantastic memories...LOVE IT. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If I Was a Rich Girl

Good Hair

MM