Your best life now

I'm in a very transitory state right now.  Temporary job, temporary residence...it's cool.  There's something very distinct about this age I'm in:  everyone is doing their own thing.

Up until adulthood (we'll say 18 years), everyone's doing the same thing, after 9th grade we go to 10 grade.  Getting one's license, going to the prom, playing school sports, going through puberty.  Really the life and times of school age kids isn't that unpredictable.

But now, now everything's different.  Today I was on Facebook checking out a friend's, from Daytona Beach Summer Project '08, profile and noticed that she had her baby.  It didn't surprise me, but did concern me that the boy appeared to be born unhealthy.  It was another reminder that everything is different now.  I have friends overseas, in Charlotte, in Greensboro, and in all other places.  Some friends are single like me, some friends are still in college, some are in the workforce, some have children, some are married, some are engaged...I mean the list goes on.

I often think "why am I not in that life stage right now?  I'm around the same age."  Then it occures to me that I am where God wants me; right now is where God wants me to be.  And right there is where God has them.  It may not always feel like it's right, but ultimately God has you there/here because it's what's best for you now.  Everytime I think why me or why not me, I remind myself that God has a plan and I am where He has purposed me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Was a Rich Girl

Good Hair

MM