Bones

There's a show I enjoy called Bones; it's about a forensic anthropoligist, her FBI partner, and her team of various scientist that solve murders.  She looks at the bones of a victim and can deduce what they did with their lives (dancer, farmer, athlete in younger years, etc), what was their cause of death, and who killed them (weight and height of a person).  There are several reasons that I enjoy this show, one of them being that it's based off of a real forensic anthropoligist that solves murders in this manner.  When she says what the person did with their lives, is one of my favorite parts of the show.

It always gets me thinking:  what would my bones say about me?  Would they say that I was a musician, non-athletic with an athletic build, stood a lot, vegetarian, mostly wore flat shoes, conducted a lot?  What would my bones say about me?  On the show, she comes to these concluscions of what this person did, but she can never deduce who this person was.  Did they have a lot of friends, what did they value, what were their dreams?  In pursuit of the victim's killer, they come in contact with people who knew the victim, they learn about the person, not just what they physically did.  It's through these physical markers on the bones and the interactions with the victim's people that they solve the murder.  Fascinating!

When I die, I don't want just my bones to do the speaking as to who I was, I want people to be able to say that I was someone worth knowing.  I wanna matter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Was a Rich Girl

Good Hair

My calling to and vision for Argentina