I can finally use this word!

Serendipitously: (adverb) when something happens/is discovered by way of a fortunate accident
My mom always told me not use a word until I knew the definition.  I've officially looked up serendipity/serendipitous/serendipitously and it is definitely the words I want to use.

I have a couple friends who have recently joined dating sites, they're curious.  They're my age.  They're meeting (is it called that?) quite an assortment of men.  Some are super old and creepy, young and creepy, cute, awkward, perfect, you name it.  It's been interesting, mostly funny, seeing who they've been coming in contact with.  I have to admit, I've briefly considered join a dating site, but that's not how I want to meet people.

I'm an extrovert, so I love being around people; I love meeting people; I love deep conversation with people; I love shallow conversation with people...you get the idea.  I don't think I'm a good candidate for online dating.

Growing up, I didn't think a lot about marriage.  I always just figured I would get married, because that's what adults do, right?  I didn't daydream about it though; I didn't plan my wedding; I didn't plan my life around the thought of marriage.  But now that people I know are getting married left and right, it's forced into my brain whether I like it or not.  With marriage forced into my brain, it's got me thinking about how I'd like to meet my (possible) future husband.

That was an extensive set up.  Sorry, folks!  I want to meet (the allusively named) him quite serendipitously.  Is that cliché?  I don't care.  Like, a meet-cute: we both happen to be reaching for the last morning glory muffin (those are so stinkin' good), we meet eyes and end up chatting over coffee; we're listening to a local band and end up meeting through some friends; we end up sitting next to each other at an opera (yes, I enjoy seeing operas) and chat before and after; we greet each other at church and end up getting lunch afterwards.  It may seem silly to you, but it'd be nice to have an organic start.

All this would require me to NOT screw it up.  I'm pretty sure my resting face is something like "don't dare approach me or I'll just blow you off".  I certainly don't mean to let my face settle into said stance, but I don't know how to fix it.  I've been trying to seem more approachable because I really am interested.  We'll see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Was a Rich Girl

Good Hair

My calling to and vision for Argentina