Top 7 Musicals I Would Love to See

A couple days ago I was babysitting some 8 year old twin girls.  One of the girls was obsessed with Broadway musicals; so all day, during almost everything we did, we listened to music from musicals.  It was great!  She had so many questions about the stories of so many different shows.  I love musicals, I think they're the best thing ever.  This day got me thinking about all the different musicals I'd like to see live, whether on or off Broadway.  Here's my top list!

1) The Book of Mormon.  I've seen some numbers from it and never stop laughing.  This is the first I saw of it and was hooked:

2) Wicked.  I used to just prejudice the show as something I would never want to see.  But then I heard about what the story was ultimately about (the Gospel) and heard the song "Defying Gravity" and now I really would like to see it.


3) Mamma Mia!  I own the movie that came out a few years ago and could watch it everyday and be happy.  I also really love the music of ABBA, I know it's cheesy, but I'm just cheesy.  Also, you'd be surprised to find out the number of times I sing one of their songs in everyday, they're part of my life soundtrack.


4) Porgy & Bess.  I've seen the opera when it was doing an anniversary tour and performed at my University.  It's sensational, heartbreaking, and worth every penny.  I'd like to see what they do to make it a musical.  Also, I love listening to and playing the music of George and Ira Gershwin, I've played some  arrangements of the songs from the opera and have loved them.


5) West Side Story.  I also own this movie.  The music of Leonard Berstein is genius.  The plot isn't original, but it's done in a way that gets me every time.  Love, love, love the music.  Here's a great number that has a great mixed meter.


6) Les Miserables.  I used to not get what the big deal was and my ex-boyfriend would always talk about it, so I got annoyed.  But I saw this trailer for the movie and have to hold back tears every time.  Stories of raw humanity just get me every time.


7) Lion King. I hear nothing but amazingness gush from people when they talk about the show.  Of course I love the movie, but the musical is apparently bigger and better!  I would love to see it.


I love a good musical, I even love a bad one.  Basically, music makes me want to see anything.

Comments

  1. Wicked is quite good! And I enjoyed Les Mis when I recently read the book, so I'm assuming I'll like the movie.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If I Was a Rich Girl

Good Hair

My calling to and vision for Argentina