Thank God for...long skirts

I don't know if I'm doing it right, but I'm really into the returned fad of long, ankle/floor length skirts.  At first I bought a couple because I wanted a way to get on the floor, criss-cross-apple-sauce (in my day, it was called Indian Styled, but now, and rightfully so, it's more politically correct) with my students without being forced to sit in that uncomfortable side-saddle position when wearing a skirt.  So it was purely functional for work.  Now, I have to force myself not wear one;  I'm up to seven and I obsessively look for more anytime I'm in a clothing store.  I got it bad.

I just really enjoy the versatility of these skirts and I'll often wear them in lieu of pants, more specifically, jeans.  Don't get me wrong, I still am an advocate for jeans, but I'm just not always comfortable in jeans.  The truth is jeans touch me way more than skirts do; jeans have an outside AND inside to the leg area and they provide no grace for my waist/where ever the band falls.  It's nice to put on a skirt and not constantly be remind about the inside and outside of my legs.  Pants are so judgey about your waistline, they nag you when it grows or when it doesn't fit perfectly into it's bossy waistband.  Not cool.

Here's another truth: I have been gaining weight.  It's not on purpose, but it's happening; so when I put on pants it's even more evident to me.  I gain weight in my stomach down, guess where pants and skirts cover up: stomach down.  So I'd rather put a skirt on than pants because a skirt won't take away my mobility because it's so tight.  While I work on my current weight business, I will continue to find ways to avoid wearing pants.

My theory?  If clothes had personalities: pants would be very type A and not very sympathetic, skirts would be very type B and would be sympathetic to the point that they'd do everything in their power to make you look and feel great.  I'd be a skirt's friend.

Just to solidify the excellency of maxi skirts (I hate the word maxi) here's a video of different ways to wear them:

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If I Was a Rich Girl

Good Hair

MM