Showing some skin!

It's fascinating how different my face looks to me when I don't wear make-up (foundation) for a few days.  I was doing my nightly skin regimen and noticed how much I like my skin on my face.  Typically, I wear make-up (foundation, mascara, eye shadow, eye liner, blush, and sometimes bronzer) most of the week, but I haven't worn foundation since Sunday and have worn no make-up at all a couple times this week.

At first, I think "Ick, my eyes look so tired, there are so many imperfections on my skin, I'm definitely better off with the full gambit on."  But just after a few days of wearing little to no make-up I begin to see my face with a more positive attitude.  My eyes don't look quite so tired and my skin seems to magically clear up, I start seeing my natural beauty again.

I think we are often too critical of our physical selves.  We compare ourselves to these unobtainable airbrushed bodies and faces seen in the media.  We compare our bodies to those of celebrities who have personal trainers and who go on liquid diets every other week.  This comparing we do wires our brain to think there's something wrong with the way we look.   That's not right.

We should look at ourselves, our faces, our bodies, and just accept.  Once we have accepted/tolerated, we should then embrace, and finally love.  It takes time to learn how to truly love your physical body, but I think it's this appreciation for God's design that can determine how happy we are with ourselves and with our Creator.  We're all searching for happiness and happiness is best when it comes from within.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Was a Rich Girl

Good Hair

MM