Another Summer list...not sorry

Today was the last Teacher Workday of the school year for me, so I've had Summer Break on the brain ALL DAY!  I've been compiling a list of things I'm anticipating for this Summer, activities and such.  Here you go:

1) Work.  I need a job.  Since my paycheck from teaching was so low, I wasn't able to really save money to survive for the summer, so I've gotta pick up a another job or two to be able to pay my bills.
2) Play music. Sadly, I have become one of those music teachers who doesn't really play music for their own enjoyment.  I do like making music, but I haven't played an instrument since last year sometime.  I want to play bass clarinet, my principle instrument, and work on guitar.
3) Spanish. I'm taking an online Spanish course and loving it.  I am in love with the language and the Latin American world, so I'm always happy to sit and work on improving my Spanish.  Necesito a practicar por qué cuando vivo en un otro pais puedo comunicarse con la gente.
4) TEFL.  My friend and I are taking a Teaching English as a Foreign Language course together.  We both have a great desire to live and work abroad and this is a great means by which to do so.  Once we're certified to do this, we can go anywhere in the world and teach English.  We start tomorrow and I'm super jazzed.
5) Sleeping in.  Sleeping is one of my favorite pass times.  Hallelujah.
6) Being cool.  During the school year, I always felt like the uncool friend because I had a pretty set bedtime.  I was always like "I know it's only 9:30, but I have to go because I get up at 5:15am tomorrow for work, sorry."  With summer, I can actually hang-out on a weeknight without having to leave mid-fun or suffer the consequences.
7) Gym.  I need to go and I like to go.
8) Movies.  There are a few movies I want to see, I feel like I never see movies in theaters.
9) My room.  I already have the paint purchased and I have the supplies to get it done all I have to do is actually paint.  This is the first time in my life I've actually put real thought into my room so I'm looking forward to realizing my vision.
10) Reading.  I stinkin' love it.  I could sit for hours reading, perhaps I'll visit the library too, although I have a long list of books on my shelf I have yet to get to.
11)  Be unproductive.  Yea, I said it.  It just feels good to not always be thinking of my next move/word/thought/step/whatever.

Well folks, the coolness hasn't sunk in yet, so I'm off to bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Was a Rich Girl

Good Hair

MM