8 Things I Really Want to Do/Be Good at

I just really love to learn, like, seriously.  There are so many things I'd like to be good at by taking classes/courses.  I think constantly of all the things I would love to do.  Here are some of them:

1)Yoga.  In University, I went to a lot of yoga classes at our student recreation center and loved it.  It's so relaxing and obviously very good for you.  I'd love to be able to experiment with different types of yoga, bikram yoga (hot yoga) is something I've been wanting to try for a couple years now.  I used to love stretching in the sauna and I imagine bikram is similar to that (but more intense).

2)Contemporary Dance.  Every week I faithfully watch So You Think You Can Dance, my ABSOLUTE favorite show ever. I've always loved dancing and have wanted to have more training.  I would be thrilled at the opportunity to take a contemporary or ballet dance class.  I'm actually looking for classes in the area, so let me know if you know anything.

3)Spanish.  Ever since I first heard Spanish being spoken I have been in love with Latin American culture and the language.  So much beauty.  I've been studying Spanish independently and in school for about 12-13 years, you think I'd be fluent by now.  I want to live and work in a Latin American country, that's a dream of mine.  It can't hurt to learn another language, huh?

4)Working Out.  I get into these awesome routines where I'm gettin' it at the gym fairly often.  Working out is fun for me, it's the getting myself to the actual gym that's the problem.  Then I get into these slumps where I always intend to go to the gym, but I just can't seem to get myself there, so frustrating.  I would love to be one of those people who consistently goes to the gym and has the body that reflects that.

5)My Hair.  I really like my hair, I don't like doing it, but I like to think I've got a great head of hair.  Lots of potential.  I always see these really cool hair styles that I'd like to try, but I just can't figure out how to do them.  What products to use? How long will the style hold?  I just don't quite know what to do, but I do know that I'd like to try new things.

6) Accessories. I'm not a detail person, accessories are details.  I see beautiful rings & necklaces & earrings & hair stuff & bags and I know I would buy it, wear it once, and then forget to wear it ever again.  I'd love to be more trendy with that stuff, but it's just a lot to think of when getting dressed.

7)Fancy Food.  Food is great, am I right?  I can cook, but the food I cook is pretty simple: beans and rice, pasta, biscuits, veggies, breakfast food, simple stuff.  I'd like to be able to just whip up a quiche without a recipe or a scratch made pound cake.  I'd like to make fancy food.


8)Guitar.  I can play a lot of different instruments, but guitar is one that I struggle with.  Aside from my fingers suffering a little, I have a difficult time with chords.  I can pick melodies just fine, it's just the chords that frustrate me.  Memorization isn't my strong point, so trying to remember where my fingers go for all those chords seems nearly impossible.

I think it's always appropriate and important to be in the pursuit of self-improvement, otherwise we'd be stuck in complacency.

Comments

  1. Perhaps when you're in Greensboro sometime, we can brave the bikram hot yoga class together.

    Also, I am a detail person, and I'm still not so good with the accessories. I can only manage to get clean and dressed in the morning - not much else.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If I Was a Rich Girl

Good Hair

MM