3 Reasons Scary Movies are a Bad Idea

Next month is October, which is scary movie month.  I hate scary movies, this is why.

1) Being scared is NOT fun.  Why would I voluntarily be scared?  Why is that fun?  Some of that stuff from movies (psychopath killers, gross bug/animal infestations, angels & demons) are real, why are we making that stuff into entertainment?!

2) It gives people ideas.  There are like 11 Saw movies, how does the writer keep thinking of ways to kill people?  What's wrong with him/her and are they getting counseling?  Why are they putting ideas of how to torture and kill people into view others' head?  Is that the best idea? NO.

3) I'm a big chicken.  I don't like scary things.  I've been very fearful of anything that's supposed to be scary/creepy/disturbing my whole life.  I just don't get the thrill that others get from temporarily getting immersed in a world where their terror at every corner.

I know that scary movies will likely never cease to exist, but could the commercials on TVs and the previews at the theater please stop?  Not everyone likes scary things.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Was a Rich Girl

Good Hair

MM