Raising support...eh

Hello!  I wanted to give y'all an update on how I'm doing and feeling thus far.  I have to raise support for STINT; this means that I depend upon different people, organizations, groups, companies, or whoever to give financially in order for this ministry to work.  I build this team of people, Ministry Partners, by writing letters, making calls, going on appointments, maybe even doing fundraisers.  Once a week my Ministry Partner Development coach and I have a phone appointment (she lives in a different city) and talk about the process: what I'm doing, what I need to be doing, goals,  and accomplishments.  She has been WONDERFUL and I am so glad that that's she's walking me through this process.

I am not the best planner, nor do I enjoy making schedules for myself, especially during the Summer months, so this has already been a great challenge for me.  Each day I have so much to do that involves STINT and non-STINT related activities; just the thought makes me stress out.  For me, the toughest part about support raising is starting and getting in the swing of things; but since this is a little different from the support raising I've done before I almost feel like I haven't quite caught my balance just yet.  Support raising before, involved sending out letters and making phone calls to follow-up those letters, this STINT Ministry Partner Development is much more involved because I meet with some people face-to-face and remain in consistent contact with Ministry Partners to keep them in the loop with the ministry they are investing in.

I trust the Lord, and even though I am constantly challenged in this wonderful process, I know He will provide.  One thing I remind myself of constantly is that: when we're obedient to what God tells us to do, He provides a way for us to carry out His will.

Comments

  1. Working on building your base of ministry partners can be hard, challenging, and faith-stretching. But the result is that you get to see the Lord provide for you on a daily basis!! Which just renews your faith in His goodness.

    PS - Who is your support coach?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If I Was a Rich Girl

Good Hair

MM