Week 4 of Ministry Partner Development

Hello all!  This week is my fourth week of Ministry Partner Development and boy has it been a roller-coaster!  I've had three MPD appointments this week.  I've called more people this week to set up appointments and to follow up with letters that I sent them.  That takes a lot of faith, at least for me, because I am really putting myself out there.  A good handful of the people I've called have inaccurate numbers so I can't follow up with them in that way.  Some of the other people that I've called have said no to supporting me and gave me no referrals.  Referrals are really important in this process because I need to contact and work with as many people as possible; I want lots of people to serve God's Kingdom through this capacity.  This is a great ministry, not because of me, but because of God!

If the call ended in an appointment or a commitment of sorts, I'd feel really encouraged and happy; but if it ended with a "no" and no referrals, I felt a little defeated.  I know I shouldn't base my feelings on these circumstances, but I have a hard time understanding people that say no.  Isn't this important to them?  I know that not everyone has the same passion and calling to missions as I do, but I do beleieve everyone should help with missions (stateside or over seas) any way they can (financially or or through prayer).  I DO believe everyone is called to at least that.

I'm understanding more and more that my passion for missions is different from others'; the Lord has handcrafted each of us, inside and out, and because of that we have different wants/desires, likes and dislikes, etc.  I think it's a beautiful thing, that God created each of us so differently; it shows His creative side!

I feel so blessed to be called to missions!  To me it's a dream come true, I can't beleive that I get to serve the Lord in this manner.  BEST JOB EVER!!!  Despite the challenge of Ministry Partner Development, I believe it to be worth it.  Missions is necessary, so necessary, and there are different ways to be involved: praying, giving, and going.  I have done all three, but  I understand that not everyone can go, but most everyone can give (even if "only a little", any amount to the Kingdom of God helps build it up) and certainly everyone can pray.  Missions exist because God loves us, all of us, and He wants everyone to hear and understand that Gospel.  Hel oves us that much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Was a Rich Girl

Good Hair

MM