My calling to and vision for Argentina

Hello folks!  I wanted to take some time to share more deeply how the Lord has called me to missions in Argentina, so here is my CALLING STORY
     My story starts when I was a child, even before I was a Christian.  When I was around kindergarten age, 5 or 6 years (perhaps younger), I told my mommy that when I grew up I wanted to travel around the world and learn about/explore/live amongst the different cultures and languages and religions of the world.  But, I said, I also wanted to tell them about Jesus;  I asked her if there was such a job and she told me yes and it's called a missionary.  All throughout my life, this has been a consistent desire of my heart, to: go into all the nations and tell them about the love of Jesus.
           Fast forward to Summer 2009 where I went on a Summer Missions Project to San Jose, Costa Rica with Campus Crusade for Christ.  It was there that I was reminded of my love and passion for Latin American culture and the Spanish language.  The Fall semester of 2009 was a challenging semester for me, but not so much in the academic sense.  I was really wrestling with life after graduation, I just did not feel at peace about what I had planned (to go directly into teaching) post-graduation.  At the end of the semester, I learned that I would not be graduating in May, but in December instead.  At first I was really bummed and disappointed, but then I said to the Lord "well something awesome better come out of this".
     That Winter Break the Lord really was dealing with me and letting me wrestle with all the exectations I had placed on the future I thought was mine and for me to decide.    On Christmas Eve, the LORD woke me with a dream that clearly told me I was not to return to Costa Rica on Summer Project, this saddened me greatly because I had a true desire to return.  I went to the Winter conference, Encounter '09, of Campus Crusade for Christ and on an innocent whim went to an interest session for STINT (Short Term International); upon leaving that session I thought "I could apply to STINT" but I did not really intend to. One night I was at a friend's college and young adult group and was taking time to listen and respond to the Lord; as I was doing that, the Lord simply asked me "Do you trust me with your life?"  I was taken aback by this question, almost insulted.  Why of course I trusted Him with my life, right?  It took about 20 minutes of me trying to say yes, but always attaching conditions to the answer until I was finally able to say yes without if's, and's, or but's.  Once I did that, instantly all the weight I had been carrying, all the worry, all the confusion, all the frustration went away instantaneously!  24 hours later, God told me to apply to STINT and so I did.  This made things suddenly make sense, that's why I wasn't graduating until December, God had other plans!
    I applied to STINT in 1)Costa Rica 2)Argentina and 3)Mexico City; I applied "knowing" that I would go to Costa Rica if I went at all.  I got a message and calls explaning that the STINT year for Costa Rica was being adjusted to the point where I would not be able to go because I would still be in school; they encouraged me to pray about STINTing in Argentina.  I was not happy about it but the Lord made it apparent that that's where He is sending me and I chose to be obedient.  I chose and choose to give up my comfort for His Kingdom.
    The Lord has trully changed my heart and my mind about Argentina and now I am excited and find it to be such a priviledge to be used by God in a way that I have dreamed of since I was young.  He is consistently confirming His will by reminding me of all the times when I originally wanted to go Argentina and by putting people in my life to help me prepare.

MY VISION FOR ARGENTINE STUDENTS
          My vision for the Argentine students is for them to learn to live a Spirit filled life leading to obedience to the Lord. This obedience and sensitivity to the Lord's will will lead to the natives taking ownership of the Cruzada Estudantil y Profesional para Cristo movement(the Campus Crusade for Christ movement in Argentina)(http://www.facebook.com/CruzadaEstudiantil.Argentina) and continue to trust the Lord to "win lost students to Christ, build them up in their faith and send them out to do likewise".

I hope this was helpful and clear, please let me know if you have any questions or comments!


en el amor del Cristo (in the love of Christ),
Coléa

Comments

  1. So fun to read how this process happened, even though I was there for the journey! Being obedient to the Lord is incredibly rewarding and quite the adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IT's so true, the Lord takes us on fun adventures when we're obedient, and I love a good adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that what you did is great.
    To learn about Argentinian people and culture is fabulous.
    While I was there, I Rent Apartments Buenos Aires cause i was there doing a spanish semester.
    The lessons were good, but the most beautiful thing of that trip was all the great people that i met there. They make me feel safe, they feel like my family. Being able to be one of them and help them with their things was really good.
    I hope you colud love your time there as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If I Was a Rich Girl

Good Hair

MM