Weekly Obsession, June 24, 2014

Hey y'all, this week's obsession is pretty big and generic, The Internet.  I am in the process of applying for jobs in hopes of finding a new career.  I'm am so grateful for the internet because I don't have to drive from place to place asking if they're hiring, showing off my terrible penmanship on applications.  My dad gave me the idea to look on Craigslist for jobs and that's been pretty great.  I mean, I still have to sift through some shady stuff, but I've gotten a call back from one of the places that I saw was hiring, so Craigslist has reached a new legitimacy for me.  I made it my goal to apply for three jobs a day, but that hasn't gone as planned, yet I definitely am deliberately looking each day.

(I typed 'the internet' into Google and this was one of the first images that came up, sooo...)

"So how has the job search been going, Coléa?" Well, thanks for asking!  Not bad, I guess.  I was just saying this weekend how I can't wait for all the applying I've been doing to finally reciprocate with some phone calls and emails; within the past two days I've gotten some emails (one from an airline and a couple from a music supply store) and a phone call (one of those screening, pre-interview kind).  That's a little encouraging, but neither of those places/options are my first choice.  We'll see.  If you have any leads or money let me know, I will accept either and both.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Was a Rich Girl

Good Hair

MM