Weekly Obsession, June 10, 2014

This week's obsession, Peroxide, has a kinda gross story attached to it.

Last Wednesday I woke up late, I either didn't hear my alarm or it didn't go off.  I suspect the former.  I also woke up not being able to hear out of my right ear.  This is not the first time this has happened, in fact it's quite common, so I did what I always do.  I giggled my ear.  But to no avail.  So this is it, I thought, I just can't hear out of this ear.  I went to work and struggled the whole time to even feel like I was in the room with my students and finally told a coworker about my ear.  She suggested I go to the drug store and get earwax removal drops.  I left work early, because I was basically useless and had nothing to do, and went straight (after going to two Harris Teeters without pharmacies, which I didn't know existed) to the pharmacy counter of Rite Aid.  I told her my predicament and she gave me great instruction on how to use the earwax removal kit.

I eagerly got home and busted out the kit.  I tried it.  Nothing happened.  I went to work that afternoon and came home.  Tried again.  No noticeable results.  I went to bed feeling bummed.  I worked on my ear again the next day with the same method and product, all I got was little bits of earwax hear and there.  Gross, but only a little.

On Friday I had lunch with my aunt and told her about my ear problem, she suggested I try peroxide.  So I got some peroxide that night and worked on my ear.  Improvement!  On Saturday I put the peroxide in and chunks of earwax came out.  I'm talking the size of the tip of my pinky finger.  FREAKING DISGUSTING.  I saw that and I dry heaved a little.  I can't believe with all my diligence with cleaning my ears, that that monstrosity come out of it!  I felt betrayed and relieved.  I worked on it for a little longer and more came out.  My hearing still wasn't 100%, but I could now hear out of my right ear.

Finally, Sunday evening, I was driving to my friends house to watch The Tony Awards (because it's the most important night of the year) and I burped and my right ear popped!!!  I was so excited to have my right ear at 100%.

The next day I started working on my left ear.  I want them both to be squeaky clean.  But you guys, seriously peroxide those ears every once in a while.  Apparently we just can't get all the wax and when we try to clean them with a washcloth (or a q-tip which you're not supposed to use) it only pushes the wax deeper.  

So this week's obsession is peroxide because without it I would still be walking around without the hearing of my right ear and would still be falling in yoga because I can't get my balance.

YAY PEROXIDE.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Was a Rich Girl

Good Hair

My calling to and vision for Argentina