Sign, torture, or nothing

Do you ever have occurrences in life that you wonder how you're supposed to interpret?  Is it a sign from Above?  Is this just some type of mind torture inflicted on you from below? Or is it nothing, just a coincidence?

There's this new guy who works at the frozen yogurt shop at which I work and his name is the same as the guy who I'm trying NOT to have a crush on.  When I first learned his name, I hadn't met him yet and could never remember if he was a girl or a guy because the name's unisex.  But we finally had a shift together and it was solidified that he is, in fact, a man and not a woman.  I didn't think anything of it at first, only that he was attractive and that I liked his beard.  How refreshing, to finally have someone nice to look at at work.  As our shift went on, I noticed how similar his mannerisms are to the guy I'm trying to get over.  He would say something the way Crush would say it, his voice is even similar.  And he would even do stuff in a similar mannerism, he's even tall like Crush.  After we close, we have to do a bunch of stuff, mostly cleaning, before we can leave; it's usually an hour after close that we leave for the night.  My job that night was the toppings bar, when I do the toppings bar I put on music because it's such a monotonous job.  That night's selection was my 'The Avett Brothers Radio' Station on Slacker radio.  When the music started playing he exclaimed how he loved The Avett Brothers and we, including our boss, talked briefly of our love for them.  Okay, I'd say I've sufficiently set this up for you.

Is this a sign?  Do signs exist?  I'm trying hard to stop crushing on Crush and then this man rolls up from the same city Crush went to school and is being all sexy.  I mean, seriously.  I could interpret this as a sign to not give up on/forget Crush.  Perhaps something will transpire in the future with Crush.  This could be a sign of hope.

Am I being tortured?  As I watched this guy carry two tables at once (I literally don't even try to pick up the tables, I just roll'em one at a time), I was remembering Crush and how he would do such manly things and how I can't have him.  So now, here's the guy similar to Crush who's a constant reminder of what I can't have, but almost pine for.  Nothing makes me feel more pathetic.  I'd call this some type of torture.

Is it nothing?  It's probably nothing.  I'm probably reading too much into the situation, it's probably not even a situation.  He's just some guy who works at the frozen yogurt shop who happens to remind me of another guy who has the same name.  Yea, it's nothing.

So, what do you think?  This is NOT  rhetorical question, I really wanna know what you think.

Comments

  1. Well, I've just laughed and contemplated and had all other types of emotions while stalking your blog. I always catch up on your blog whenever I see on Facebook that you posted something new. So, MY thoughts on this particular blog is that 1) I thought Crush was back with his old fling??, 2) Is Crush-look-alike-from-work a Jesus-lover/single/sing (in order to serenade you with a certain song from Enrique Iglesias)?? I think these questions will give you more direction in which of the three it is...However, this will definitely be a good topic of conversation for Thursday's Skype date. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If I Was a Rich Girl

Good Hair

MM