5 Things I Want to Make From Scratch

There's something quite rewarding about making food from scratch; to me, it makes it taste better.  I already know to make a few things and a couple days ago I finally made biscuits that turned out nice and fluffy; before, I hadn't been putting enough baking powder in there, so they were dense and gross.  So here's a list of things I intend to learn to make from scratch, I'd like to have a well rounded repertoire.

1) Falafel.  I love me some falafel.  It is so good and not terrible for you.  It would be so great to just have a hankering for it one day and instead of going out and looking for some, I just bust out some garbanzo beans and BOOM! make it happen.
2) Pie and Cobbler. I love pie and cobbler, so good.  I like pretending that it's good for me because of the fruit.  I would like to learn to make a pie from scratch by preparing the fruit and the crust instead of using store bought fruit filling and pre-made crust.
3) Quiche.  I'm still not entirely sure what it is, but I've had some really good mini-quiches.  I really like eggs and I think you can put pretty much whatever you want in it; so I'm all about putting different goodies in eggs.
4) Scones.  They're basically fancy biscuits.  I'd like to make lemon-poppy seed, chocolate chip, and orange ones.
5) Marinara Sauce.  I'd like to start with some whole tomatoes and end with pasta sauce.

Well, there you have it.  I'm into food and I'm into good food.  I'd like to make good food.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Was a Rich Girl

Good Hair

MM