calling

"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them."~~~Ephesians 2:10

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."~~~Jeremiah 29:11

I've forgotten that God places callings on each of our lives; these callings are specific to each of us and never go away.  That's what I remembered 'randomly' on my way to church yesterday.  I remember my mom telling me that once called, always called; she said that no matter how far we get from what God wants us to do, we always have our callings to go back to, He doesn't take them away; and His calling is infinitely better than everything else, ever.  Well, wouldn't you know it, I talked to someone really awesome Sunday morning that reminded me of that calling-the calling of being a missionary.

There's a lady that came and guest spoke to the elementary school Sunday School classes (3) about her time in Guatemala working with kids in an orphanage, she's a missionary.  It just so happened that yesterday was picture day for the kids so while the kids were taking pictures, her and I talked.  She encouraged me so much, the Lord really blessed me through her.  She reminded me about God's calling, and how it never goes away, even though there are times (like now) that it seems it will never be within reach.

I feel so blessed that God brought this woman when He did; it was great to hear it from a fresh person, a fresh perspective.  I do feel encouraged, and I do feel a little inkling of hope that I can still be a missionary. All hope isn't lost, but I will approach this mustard seed of hope with great precaution.  I don't want to face another heartbreak, not fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Was a Rich Girl

Good Hair

MM