peace with God

I often hear of people 'making their peace with God', mostly in sappy moments in movies (i.e. Forrest Gump speaking of Lt. Dan), but I have always been skeptical and uncertain as to what was meant by that phrase.  It borderline offended me because I felt that there was an implication of bargaining with God, which is, in my opinion, theologically unsound.  But I do believe I have made my peace with God for the time being.

I was angry with God for over a month, which is quite unusual for me because I don't get angry at really anything or with anyone and I'm terrible at staying angry/upset.  So for me to act out that anger I was harnessing toward God was a big deal for me.  But I have exciting news (for me anyway)!

This past weekend was EXCELLENT! Lots of great things went down and the weather was gorgeous!  Sunday, the 30th, my church celebrated its fifth year anniversary with quite class; the celebration and service was held at the former PTL Broadcasting site in Fort Mill, SC (if you don't know where that is Google it, quite interesting).  As we were worshiping as a body, I heard 'enough is enough, it's time for you to come back to me'.  Instantly I agreed; I had had enough time away from Him, enough time not talking to Him, enough time being angry with Him.  During the message, we read 1 Samuel 17:32-51, this is when David killed Goliath, great story.  Verse 37 reads: "...The Lord who delivered me from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear will deliver me from the hand of the Philistine..."  When I read this I realized God has delivered me from many bear and lion paws and so surely He can deliver me from the hand of the Philistine of uncertainty!  God is consistently faithful, that's how we know we can trust Him in all circumstances.  He reminded me of times He's provided not just for me, but for those I love and care about.  He invited me to trust Him wholeheartedly again, to give up control of my life to Him once again.  I took His extended hand and relinquished control of my life.

I'm not angry with Him anymore, I understand that God's sovereignty works beyond human understanding and can sometimes make us uncomfortable.  But He does these things because He loves us and He knows what is best for us, even though what's best for us doesn't always feel very good when we're in the middle of it.

It's good to be back in His arms.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Was a Rich Girl

Good Hair

MM