pda

My biggest pet peeve is P.D.A., public displays of affection.  I think it's gross and rude.  Before you say that it's because I'm single, not true; when I was in a dating relationship,  I didn't like showing too much affection in public.  And before you say it's a love language preference, my primary love language is actually a tie between physical touch and quality time.

There are a lot of couples (dating, engaged, married) around me so I'm constantly exposed to it.  P.D.A. is when a couple shows affection for one another in public...pretty self-explanatory.  I know that they love each other and stuff, but I would believe that even without them being all over each other.

It's not the general showing of affection that I dislike, it's when it gets to a certain point that I find to be inappropriate.  Hand-holding> go for it, arm around the shoulder>I'm game...but pretty much anything beyond that I don't like.  I don't appreciate kisses (long or short, steamy or innocent, face or elsewhere) because I'm trying to speak with you with those same lips I had to see you invade your partner's mouth with.  I dislike excessive touching (rubbing their back a lot, tousling their hair, rubbing of random body parts) because I don't like seeing you feel up your partner, it's none of my business what y'all do in the bedroom and it's distracting from the conversation/game/church/whatever activity.  I feel insulted when couples keep to themselves in a group of friends (whispering to themselves, sitting really close to each other with their bodies overlapping somehow), y'all were invited to come hang to engage with the group, not to be a PDA island disassociated from the group, you can be alone without a group around you.  I feel obscenely uncomfortable/violated when couples are laying all over each other, I don't like seeing my friends in the same position that babies are made, inappropriate.

With unmarried couples, when I (and others I've discussed this with) see them showing such affection, I worry that they take it further when they are in the private.  I question their purity.  But I also consider that perhaps they are so affectionate in public because they don't do that in the private and want to be held accountable for their purity.  Whatever the case, I don't want to see it and I know for a fact that most others don't either.  I'm glad you're in love, but I PROMISE that I'll believe y'all are without you having to prove it. And I won't even try to steal your man if you take your hands and lips off him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Was a Rich Girl

Good Hair

MM