meany face

One thing I've never been able to understand is mean people.  Even when I was going through a mean "phase", I didn't understand it.  Being mean seems so counterproductive and exhausting, it seems like a lot of hard work.  I think when it all boils down to it, it's about injustice.  Injustice makes me angry from the 'smallest' to the 'largest' instances.  I know that I'm an idealist and people often label that as naivety, but I don't think that's it at all.

I know life isn't fair, but life doesn't need any help from people to be that way.  If life isn't fair, why be the person to encourage that?  What kind of jerk do you have to be to perpetuate the injustice in life?!  The answer is a selfish one.  Some people, I guess, don't realize that they're being mean, but I think a majority of people do.

I really think injustice is the one thing guaranteed to make me angry, especially when it's involving people I know and/or care for.  I always, especially now, struggle with how to handle this injustice.  I will always speak the truth, but how sternly and when and to whom?  When there's bullying (yes, adults bully), I wonder who to speak to; do I speak to the bullied to empower them, do I address the bully to get them to stop, or do I talk to the bystander to engage them?  Well I've spoken quite honestly and frankly to the bullied and made them aware that them allowing themselves to be bullied is negatively effecting those they love and are supposed to protect.  And the bystanders are completely in the same boat as me, trying to be as honest and engaged as me.  But no change has happened, so now what?  Well I'll tell you what I'd like to do: I'd like to tell the bully how I feel and the truth.  I'd like to expose and shame and punch.  This side of me isn't pretty, but I'm being honest;  I'm tired of this situation.  I've rationalized and made excuses for the bully, I've been extremely nice and tried to develop a friendship, but enough is enough.  When the bullied won't do anything, and the bully continues to mistreat and verbally abuse others, what's to be done.

The truth is I don't know what to do.  I know what needs to be done and what needs to change, but I'm in no position of power to handle the situation, but no one is handling the situation properly because everyone is being passive aggressive.  I am not a passive aggressive person, and I hate passive aggressiveness.  I hate it a lot.  There are more productive and honest ways to solve a problem.

Ultimately somethings gotta give, I hope the responsible parties will step up and deal with this elephant in the room like civilized adults (although this whole things is quite childish).  This elephant is big and smelly and its poop is getting closer to the fan...when will the poop hit the fan?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Was a Rich Girl

Good Hair

MM