Week 8 of Ministry Partner Development

Hello!  This is my eighth-ish week of support raising, whoot whoot!  The Lord has brought me so far and still has a lot further to bring me.  I have learned so much about trusting the Lord and what I was doing that I called "trusting the Lord".

A couple Sunday afternoons ago, I was together with a handful of ladies from my college-young adult group and we were sharing what was happening in our lives; I began sharing what had been building up for a while.  I shared my frustrations and struggles with Ministry Partner Development and life in general (but mostly about MPD).  I had been feeling anxious, spastic, overwhelmed, and exhausted!  None of those feelings are awesome to feel, I think everyone can agree on that.  After my neurotic spill, my friend said 'you're trying to micromanage God'.  At first I didn't want to believe that I would do such a thing; I am the person who doesn't dig details and who likes to go with the flow.  The reason I had picked up these qualities was because I realized how involved MPD would be and I wanted to make sure that I was diligent with MPD and did it in excellence.  My intentions were nice, but they were misdirected.

Another friend told me that: yes, I should be responsible about this whole process, but I SHOULD NOT be stressed about the process.  This is a time for me to see how God provides for His people; when we are obedient to what God says, He makes a way for us to carry out His plan for our lives.  This was a comfort to me: to know that God's Sovereignty takes precedent over my anxienty, and micromanaging.  This isn't to say that it's okay for me to worry, because by me worrying, I'm taking my trust from God and placing into my work ethic.  Well that's not right!  Since that day, I have truly begun to trust in the Lord with His plan for my life.  It feels good; now, when someone says no, or I cannot get in contact with them, I don't feel anxious.

Although, each day takes me consiously trusting in the Lord to provide through people, that I may or may not know, it's an adventure...and I like a good adventure!

There'll be more later!

Comments

  1. The development of your ministry partner team is a sanctifying process and an awesome reminder of the faithful God we serve and how He provides for us in the perfect way!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If I Was a Rich Girl

Good Hair

MM