...a wave tossed in the ocean...

Hello!  So lately I've been thinking a lot about death; there have been a lot of deaths that I've heard of or known a person that it more directly effects lately.  Me dying is something that doesn't frighten me or even make me feel uncomfortable, and even the death of others doesn't typically bother me.  Death is a part of life, everyone will die, I've grown up dealing with death; ever since I was a little child people in my family (grandparents, great aunts, friends of the family, parents, siblings) have died.  But I keep thinking, what if your death doesn't matter.  Now of course one's death matters, there are (hopefully) people that love and care about them that will miss them when they're gone; but what if one's life was so unawesome, so uninspiring, the people and places left behind are not changed?  Does that not terrify anyone else?!?

When I die, I want people to remember not so much me, but how the Lord changed the world through me.  This isn't to be the "Coléa Show", I want my life to be filled with evidence of the Lord moving and shaking the world!  I want people to come to Christ, to open the door of their heart, because they saw a life that was exciting and purposeful, because they saw a life that they wanted.  I want my life to inspire others to live life the way it ought to be lived.
Looking at what I just typed, it seems kinda vain; am I saying that my life is so awesome, or that I'm doing everything right?  Surely not!

What I'm saying is that I want to leave a lovely footprint on the hearts and lives of people that I've know throughout my life here. Not so that it hurts more when I leave, but so that they can say that they have truly know someone who served the Lord with all their heart.  Now the trick is, in order for people to say that about me, I have to actually do that.  No pressure, just be awesome!  This puts a great responsiblity on me that I know I literally can't do by myself; I must constantly depend on God to live such a life that speaks loudly of Him and His Glory.

When my momma, grandmother, and brother died, we had a collective funeral for all of them (because they died at the same time), and people literally had to be turned away from the funeral.  The church was huge, but there were people standing in the aisles and in the doorways!  The peopke that came to give condolenses  to us, the family, were people who were touched by one of them in some capacity.  Some people, my momma had only met once, but boy could she leave an impression; she loved people and allowed the Lord's love to burst through her.  It was impossible to come in contact with my momma and leave her untouched by the Truth and Love that comes only from God.  My grandma had former students and whole communities come to her.  She did so much for her community and left such an impact on her students that people from decades ago came.  And my brother, although only six when he died, had many people from his school come and was made an honorary Tiger Scout by his troop.

Like I said, I've been to MANY funerals,  and there's nothing worse than going to one where the person was liked by those obligated, to one where no one has anything good to say.  I want my funeral to be of one that celebrates all the great things God has done in my life and in others' through me; how fantastic would that be?!?  A funeral where people say stuff like: "man did she love Jesus or what",  "she always talked about God's love and truth", "she helped me deepen my relationship with the Lord", "she served the Lord with every ounce of her being".

Serving God always turns out well, even when it doesn't makes sense to us, or when we don't get the results that we want/expect; I want to obediently serve God to bring Glory to Him and help better His Kingdom.  I am being obedient to God by serving in Argentina and I hope the Love and Truth of God bursts through my every seam and invades the hearts and minds of others around.  I want people to undoubtedly know that I love God and desire to serve Him. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Was a Rich Girl

Good Hair

MM