things I'm not good at: cars

So Friday I was driving home on an interstate when my car started sliding a little on the road.  I looked in my rear view mirror and saw a tire tread get spit out from under my car.  My car stopped acting funny, but I was still confused where the tread came from because I hadn't seen it in front of me.  I pulled over to the side of I-485 to have a look and all was clear except my front-passenger turning signal light was dangling.  I tried to put it back in, but let's face it, I can't do anything right when it comes to cars.  My turning signals stopped working...and then they started working...and now they've stopped again.

My point?  I suck at car ownership.  Cars blow my mind!  They, in my opinion, are just as needy as children...and just as expensive.  Since my car breaks in some capacity every few months, I constantly feel in danger when driving it.  I'm always scared that it's gonna just break or quit on me when I'm driving on some interstate, like it has on several occasions.  Several years ago an aunt's house got broken into, she never felt safe again in that house, so she moved.  That's what I feel like doing, moving on to a car that won't keep me in constant fear of being stranded or in physical danger.

All the liquids you have to put in there, belts, tanks, wires, all that crap is just too much for me to be able to maintain.  I just poured antifreeze in you, what do you mean you need oil?  How long can I wait before I get that belt fixed?  Why are you so loud when I turn?  What do you mean you'll give me 4 tires if I give you an arm and a leg?  I just got a new radiator, now I need spark plugs?...for something that inanimate that people have dominion over, automobiles sure are demanding!

I'm grateful for my car because I know many people don't have one and having a car opens the possibility of me doing a lot of things...I'm just griping.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Was a Rich Girl

Good Hair

My calling to and vision for Argentina