generocity from me

This Summer I have been thinking about generocity a lot more than I usually do.  Mostly, I have been thinking about it in terms of people being generous when giving to this ministry which in turn is being generous to God's Kingdom.  But this note isn't about the generocity of others, it's about my being generous with money that's not mine.  Everything that I have, and ever have had belongs to the Lord; I haven't fully realized that until this Summer. Haggai 2:7-9 says: And I will shake all nations, so that the treasures of all nations shall come in, and I will fill this house with glory, says the Lord of hosts.  The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, declares the Lord of hosts.  The latter glory of this house shall be greater than the former, says the Lord of hosts. And in this place I will give peace, declares the Lord of hosts.'"

I've always thought I was exempt from giving tithes, offerings, or helping in general because I was a child, or because I am a 'poor' college student that's paying for my own education.  That's neither true nor okay.  The Provider, Jehovah-Jireh, tells us to give out of need and sacrifice like the widow who gave her last bit of money in Mark 12:41-44: And he (Jesus) sat down opposite the treasury and watched the people putting money into the offering box. Many rich people put in large sums.  And a poor widow came and put in two small copper coins, which make a penny.  And he called his disciples to him and said to them, "Truly, I say to you, this poor widow has put in more than all those who are contributing to the offering box.  For they all contributed out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty has put in everything she had, all she had to live on."  Like the Haggai 2:7-9 verses say, everything belongs to the Lord so who am I to decide what to do with it?


This 'revelation' has led me to be more generous, not frivolous, with the resources God has given to me.  I have been making it a point to trust the Lord with not just the support raising process for STINT, but with the everyday expenses and monetary needs of life.  It's been a tough process, learning to trust God with this type of security, but it's proven wonderful and adventurous.  Trusting in the LORD can be a scary ride if you don't let go of the reins and hand them over to God; He's omniscient (all-knowing), so He know's what is wisest when it comes to your finances (and everything else); He's omnipotent (all-powerful), so He controls all money (and everything else); and He's omnipresent (present everywhere at once) so He's already on the other side of Him providing.


As I learn more about who God is, I learn more about who I am.  I am His daughter, and just as a good  father provides for his daughter (food, money, clothes, shelter, love, etc), He provides for me, one of His beloved children.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Was a Rich Girl

Good Hair

MM