Weekly Obsession, August 26, 2014

Hey y'all!  It's been a couple of weeks, I decided not to do one last week because I wasn't in a good head space and honestly was really reeling from the prior week's incidents.  This week will be much more upbeat and exciting.

This week's obsession is MY NEW JOB!!! Yesterday was my first day and as you may know, I've been looking for jobs all Summer.  I am very grateful to have found a job after just a few months because I know some people have looked for over a year.  I want to tell you about what I'll be doing and about the great stuff at this place.

I'll be an internal sales agent/professional at a large, local company called Red Ventures.  When you call to inquire or buy products/services from one of our partners (I believe we have 17), you might be talking to one of us.  I know, I know, that doesn't sound great or interesting at all, and I certainly wouldn't have thought "Hooray, I'm working for Red Ventures sitting at a desk on the phone all day!" had I not heard about the famously awesome work environment and the good money I can make.

Since yesterday was the first day, we went on an extended tour of the large three building, one parking deck campus.  I work at the headquarters, but there's a North Campus as well as one about four hours east.  The amenities of this place are nothing short of incredible, so brace yourself because I'm about to list them all (I might miss a few): yoga/zumba studio, spin studio, bowling alley, biergarten, gas grills, pool tables, basketball court, walking track, ping-pong tables, gym (with weights, cardio machines, etc), company subsidized bistro, company subsidized food court, company subsidized coffee shop, putting green, decks with great views everywhere, free Keurig coffee/tea/hot chocolate, aerobics studio, and that's all I can think of right now so there might be more.  Whoa, that's a lot of stuff, right?!  But there's also a delightful workplace culture that I've never been in before.  Everyone here (that I've met so far) is upbeat and happy to be there.  The company is very good about helping you attain your goals by coaching, they're huge on coaching, but they also don't treat you  like children and give you a lot of freedom with your schedule including overtime.

I've never worked for anyone who cared so well for their employees.  They had a big partnership with a company and the through a quick series of events that company no longer existed.  So they had over  200 employees that had nothing to sell because they were with that company that was no more.  Instead of just laying off all those employees, they shifted stuff around and absorbed those displaced employees into other partnerships.  Most companies (especially ones that are this large) would not have done that, they would have just been like "Oh well, bye y'all."  It's made evident how well cared for us employees are and the CEO himself came and chatted with us yesterday to welcome us to the company and share his vision as well as answer any questions we may have had.  I don't think most CEOs would do that, and be as humble and genuine as he is.

In short: I am so excited about learning more (four weeks of training), I've already learned so much and can't wait to learn more.

Comments

  1. I'm so glad that you found this job and that you're excited about it!! Yay for new adventures (that are happy). ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If I Was a Rich Girl

Good Hair

MM