Mediocre Patriotism, but mostly a list of places I never want to live

I'm not patriotic; in fact today (July 4th, 2013) I'm probably the most patriotic I've ever been because I'm wearing a blue shirt on purpose.  I usually intentionally wear NOT red/white/blue on this holiday so as not to be mistaken for a patriotic citizen.  With that being said, I've been thinking of different places in the USA I would never want to live.  Calm down, this isn't serious, so just read.

1) New York.  It's one of the most popular places in the USA/World.  Often it's iconic busy streets and it's towering buildings are one of the first images that come up when people from other parts of the world think about the US.  But I don't want to live there: I'm uncomfortable with the amount of villains who are bent on tearing up the place: Doc Oc, the Green Goblin, the Sandman, the Silver Surfer, and Victor Von Doom to name a few.  Now, granted, Spiderman, the Fantastic Four, and the Avengers do a great job of fighting them, I still don't want to be in a place that is always the target for such huge conflict.



2) Metropolis/Smallville. One of those places, Smallville, seems endlessly boring and the other is always the destination for such chaos.  While Superman always comes out on top, he's kinda the reason these cities are always in such distress.  I was talking about how I wouldn't want to live in Metropolis because there's always villains visiting with my roommate the other day and she commented (thusly enlightening me) that the villains aren't after the city, they're after Superman.  They come to Metropolis because they have a beef with Superman...or because they're Lex Luther and that's just where they live. I don't want to live in any place in which the citizens, or just one citizen, are going to attract such a mean crowd.



3) Gotham City.  I'm talking about the actual Gotham City, not the unfortunately nicknamed Fayetteville, NC.  I'd live in terror if I resided there.  Gotham City has the scariest, most sinister, most intelligently sick villains in both the Marvel and DC Comic universes in my opinion.  And these villains aren't really after Batman and Robin, they're always trying to destroy (and rebuild) the city to their liking. Okay, not always, Mr. Freeze was just a really sad man.  If I lived there, I'd be in constant fear of poison coming through the vents, of politicians going all Harvey Dent on us, or of going to a football game.  So stressful.



While there are tons of places where superheroes reside,  those are probably the most popular for villainous attacks.  I'd stay away if I were you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Was a Rich Girl

Good Hair

MM