I'm sorry, what was that?

Do you ever catch yourself reacting in a way that's very uncharacteristic of you?  This week I haven't felt like myself...or maybe more of myself has come out?  I got really offended, really hurt, by the words of someone.  Hurt to the point where I avoided being around them.  Sometimes I don't know if I should let stuff roll off my back or if I should take offense to it because it speaks to a deeper issue between that person and me.

Anyway, occasionally I am reminded that I am more sensitive than I let on to others and myself.  Is it being dishonest to not show that side of me?  Is it a 'side' of me or is it something more, is it a characteristic of me that I suppress?

I don't know.

Comments

  1. In my completely non-professional opinion, it sounds to me like you're a normal, post-college, mid-twenties person trying to figure out who the heck you are and what the heck that means for the world. I'm telling ya, 30 gets a bad rep, but I do think I know myself far better now than I did at 25.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If I Was a Rich Girl

Good Hair

MM