heart check

‎"The missionary heart cares more than some think is wise, risks more than some think is safe, dreams more than some think is practical, and expects more than some think is possible."


This was posted as friend's Facebook status tonight, she got it from a pastor who read it from a missionary girl who died.  Wow, if that's a missionary heart, then I am way off.  I can honestly, and humbly?, say that this quote used to speak so true of me, but now that doesn't reflect who I am, who I've become.  I want that heart again.  I want that compassion, that visionary, idealist spirit.  But I've allowed my lousy (lousy in my opinion) circumstances of the past several months to get to me, to alter my perspective and attitude on life.  I want to return to a heart not centered around myself, but centered around loving others and the Lord.


The other week I was chatting with a friend and telling her that I know I'm supposed to live a different type of life, as a Christian, but that still doesn't change the fact that I'm here, in this world.  The Christian world and the secular world do not really go well together, but we're expected to live in both, hmmm.  Well, we're expected to live in the Christian world, and it's just unfortunate that we currently live in the world world.  It's all a bit perplexing for me.  But I do know that I desire to have the above heart, life's better that way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Was a Rich Girl

Good Hair

MM