Single and Free!

Hello, I apologize for not posting in so long, I've been busy raising support; I'm currently at 50% and must be at 100% by the end of this month, so I've been working and praying very hard!

Today I spoke at a former church of mine; I went there with my family when I was a little child.  I was so grateful to come back and share how the Lord has been working in my life and where He is taking me.  Afterwards, I was talking to a member about my ministry in more detail and told her how grateful I am to be available to do this.

I'm so excited to be able to serve the Lord in this capacity, especially since I've wanted to be a missionary for so long!  What a great time it is in my life to go abroad; I have no children, husband, mortgage, etc.  While all those things are not wrong and are great at the right time, in the right order, God hasn't chosen to given those to me just yet, which is great because it makes me available for serving in a way Paul talks about to the Corinthians.   In First Corinthians 7:17 Paul tells us to "Only let each person lead the life that the Lord has assigned to him, and to which God has called him."  God has called me to Argentina, I am assigned to be a missionary there for the time being.  He goes on to say in verses 34 and 35 "...And the unmarried and unbetrothed woman is anxious about the things of the Lord, how to be holy in the body and spirit.   But the married woman is anxious about worldly things, how to please her husband.  I say this for your own benefit, not to lay any restraint upon you, but to promote good order and to secure your undivided devotion to the Lord."  Since I have no husband to tend to, I am free to secure my undivided devotion to the Lord!  How great is that?!

As a single woman, I intend to give God my all; when/if I get married, I will serve the Lord by being a godly wife to my godly husband.  Either way, I want to be obedient to what the Lord has called me to, single or married.  No one knows what their future holds, but we can all be sure, as believers in the Most High God, Who holds their future.  As

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Was a Rich Girl

Good Hair

MM