"late" bloomer?

I have to be honest, when I see couples (especially younger than me) getting engaged/married, or when someone else announces their pregnancy/baby, I freak out a little bit...but then I remember that I'm only 23 and I like my life.  I briefly wonder what's taking me so long, why aren't I married?  why aren't I living the "typical" adult life?

I heard someone say that God has promised us a spouse.  This would mean that everyone is supposed to get married.  I don't believe this to be true.  While, yes, the majority of people (that I know of) get married at least once, there's no guarantee that anyone person will get married.  But that's alright.  Marriage isn't a reward for doing the right thing.  Marriage is...marriage.  You're either married or not, it's nothing personal.

So if you're reading this and you're married, know that there's nothing wrong with you, you're just not married.  Being single means you can do things that you wouldn't otherwise be able to do like live in a great house with four fabulous women.  Just sayin'.

Comments

  1. As a person who has been on both sides, one is not better than the other! I wrote a post about it http://www.reflectionsofasojourner.blogspot.com/2011/01/not-exactly-fairy-tale.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If I Was a Rich Girl

Good Hair

MM